Plywood can be said to be used in home decoration, plywood is a relatively small piece of home materials, it is cut from wood sections into veneer or from wood planed into thin wood, and then glued with adhesive to make a three-layer or multi-layer board material, in many furniture often used, also belongs to is a kind of man-made board. Next, China plywood manufacturers will introduce you to the knowledge of plywood in detail.
What is plywood?
Plywood is a board-like material made from veneer or lamellae cut into sections of wood and glued together with an adhesive, usually with an odd number of layers of veneer, so that the fibres of adjacent layers are glued perpendicular to each other. It is one of the more commonly used man-made boards, often triple plywood, plywood, etc. Plywood can improve the utilisation of wood and is a major way of saving wood.
- The length and width of plywood is 1220 x 2440mm.
- The thicknesses are 3, 5, 9, 12, 15 and 18 mm.
- The main species are: camphor, willow, poplar, eucalyptus, etc.
- The main sources of plywood are: Indonesia and Malaysia.
- Plywood for decoration: this type of plywood is mainly used for furniture, sewing machine table boards and various electrical appliance housings, etc., which need to be coated with transparent paint on the surface.
- Finishing plywood: This type of plywood is mainly used as a finishing material for buildings, furniture, vehicles and ships.
- General plywood: This type of plywood is used for packaging, lining and other applications.
- Thin wood decorative plywood: This type of plywood is mainly used as a high grade decorative material for buildings, furniture, vehicles, ships etc.
Uses of plywood
It is mostly used for furniture, packing boxes for large equipment, such as aircraft, ships, trains and automobiles.
What are the common materials used for plywood?
Plywood is one of the common materials used for furniture and is a type of man-made board. It is a thin sheet of three or more layers of plywood made from logs cut into veneers or planed into thin wood and glued together with an adhesive.
Usually an odd number of layers of veneer are used, and the adjacent layers are glued together in a perpendicular direction to each other. Thus there are three, five and seven layers of plywood.
Structurally, the outermost veneer of plywood is called the surface, and the surface on the front is called the panel, which is made of the best quality veneer. The reverse veneer is called the backing veneer and is of the next highest quality. The inner veneer is called the core or centre panel and is made up of the worst quality veneer.
At present, there are more and more decoration materials on the market. Depending on the material, plywood, solid wood, finger-joined boards, waterproof boards and so on can be divided into various types of boards, so that we can choose from a wider range in the decoration, but also to show the different experiences brought to us by different boards.
Is plywood a solid wood panel?
Plywood is not solid wood, it belongs to a kind of man-made sheet, according to the market demand to adjust the number of layers and thickness of the plate, for different kinds of plywood used in different industries, the effect is also different, so many consumers in the choice of plywood when you need to pay attention to the type of plywood is in line with their own needs.
How to buy plywood?
- Look at the plywood material, for different species, made out of different prices, in the decoration can be based on the decoration budget to choose the right variety, no matter what decorative materials are now on the market is more supply than demand. Now the plywood on the market is made of poplar core board as a surface colouring treatment, the appearance is basically the same as the willow eucalyptus core board, but the quality varies greatly, so you must choose carefully when buying and selling.
- Some plywood has two different grain veneers glued together, so look at the plywood to see if the seams are tight and if there are any unevenness.
- Some plywood is glued together, so when buying to observe whether the colour and texture of the plywood is consistent, for wood colour and furniture paint colour coordination, plywood colour to coordinate with the overall effect of the decoration.
- Check whether the plywood workmanship is fine, plywood board surface wood grain should be clear, front smooth and flat, the reverse side can not have a rough and harsh feeling, do not have nodes. You can use your hand to gently knock the plate, if a crisp sound, it means that the plate sticky better, if there is a thick sound, it means that the plate deglue phenomenon.
Summary: the knowledge about plywood is introduced to you here, I hope it will help you, want to know more about plywood products knowledge，You can consult the China Linyi plywood manufacturers or Email:firstname.lastname@example.org